This is a library I made for interacting with our school's homework / timetable system, INSIGHT, I believe this is the second or third iteration of the software. I was motivated to rewrite it since I needed a way to interact with it again for use with the buzzer bot.
Background (from README)
- This was initially started because Insight looks like utter garbage, and I can say for certain most of the developers at TASC really threw Insight together on their first try and didn't even bother with it.
- The version of Insight in production, more specifically the one my school is running:
- has unminified code hosted on their servers
- has inline css and js in pretty much all pages
- uses ASP.NET
- looks plain ugly, no effort was made to make any of it look good (uses bootstrap too)
- this would be fine for a developer site, but this is user facing
- takes forever to load most pages, see test results
- sends HTML code inside of a JSON object to display on timetable
- has inconsistent dates everywhere, i.e.
5|6|2000for fetching timetable week